Friday, April 2, 2010

Just Lately

So...the last few days have definitely been a whirlwind. Spring break is supposed to be relaxing, but this was more up and go.

Wednesday, I had a cardiology appointment up at Children's in Seattle. That was fine, except Dr. Olson told me that my aorta's enlarged a millimeter. Granted, that really isn't much; my aorta's enlarged to 3.5 centimeters instead of the average 2-3. He was saying that if my aorta ever grows to 5 centimeters in diameter, they're going to have to think about doing an aortic root replacement, and maybe a mitral valve replacement, too. I know that probably won't ever happen, but just those ideas are really scary! I asked him about being able to start a family in a few years, and he said that should be fine. I'm definitely going to have to consult someone first, but I will most likely be given the green light on that, as long as I'm considered a high risk. I'm hoping my aorta doesn't grow anymore period, though.

Thursday I had my appointment at Children's in Bellevue with Dr. Krengal. Dang. Big surprise: they couldn't find anything wrong or the source of pain. So what'd they do? Refer me to another doctor. He tried to see if I wanted to take a new prescription. Heck NO! I'm so tired of just being given prescriptions or some other treatment. I want a solution. I came out of that appointment more frustrated than ever. To make that day worse, I got the results of my gluten intolerance test back, and it was positive. No more gluten for me, ever. I know that's not really a big deal to most people, but on that day, it felt like the end of the world. I'm trying to adjust to it. The best part of that day was that I got a great letter from the best boyfriend in the world who I love so incredibly much. :)

Oh, and I dyed my hair. It's light brown now. :)

1 comment:

  1. Stressssss!
    I'm sorry about all this medical silliness. My RA has gluten intolerance, too. On the plus side, gluten-free cookies still taste great =D

    ReplyDelete