Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Dear California

If you haven't heard the news, been online, or seen what's going on, you've obviously been hiding under a turtle shell or living in a hut with no civilization around you.

Today, a California judge overturned Proposition 8 and made gay marriage legal in that state. Okay.....so.....let's think that we have more power because we wear a stupid robe and have a gavel. The voters in California passed Proposition 8 with 52%. People didn't want gay marriage in that state. Yes, they are people, but marriage is between a woman and a man.
The Family: A Proclamation to the World -- an statement issued by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in 1995 -- stated the following:

"The family is ordained of God. Marriage between man and woman is essential to His eternal plan. Children are entitled to birth within the bonds of matrimony, and to be reared by a father and a mother who honor marital vows with complete fidelity."

Marriage between a man and a woman is ESSENTIAL to the Plan of Happiness -- also known as the Plan of Salvation. Heavenly Father didn't intend for people of the same sex to be together as a couple.

We live in a wicked, wicked world where the sanctity of marriage between a man and a woman has been lessened by the temptations and persuasions of Satan. The scarier thing is that the world is going to get even more wicked before it gets better. There aren't really too many things that I will stand completely firm in, but this is one of them. Same sex marriage is wrong -- there's absolutely NO other way.

I am not saying that homosexual people are not American, and that they're not people. I'm saying that marriage is a sacred, beautiful covenant. I have friends that have chosen that kind of lifestyle; I love them, but will not support the way they live their lives.

1 comment:

  1. I completely agree with you! You have such wonderful insight on the plight of straight marriage against the evils of Satan. Here's a link to an awesome commercial that I'm betting you'll enjoy!

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0TMTrpugT0E

    ReplyDelete