Sunday, March 14, 2010

The Auburn Friends

So I've been thinking about this for a while now, and I still don't know exactly how to phrase it, so bear with me. 'Kay, thanks. :)

Tyler and I have been dating for about two years now. When I first came around, things seemed a little bit tense. Tyler once told me that he thought it was because I wasn't Heather, and I was someone who wasn't in the "group". I don't know if that's true, and frankly, I don't care to know if that's true.

Basically I just want this to be out there...I really do like his group of friends. I felt so bad when he stopped hanging round with you all. I think part of that was for me, but I really know that he felt that he wasn't cared for all that much anymore, because he wasn't with someone from his regular group. On more than one occasion, I was even accused of "taking Tyler away from the group of friends that he's had for years". I really truly want the whole group of Auburn friends to know that I want to be friends with everyone. I have absolutely nothing against anyone, and truthfully, I think it's time that I try to reach out and be everyone's friend. I guess I've just been scared to, because I've thought this whole time that I wasn't liked -- again, that could be the case, and if it is, please don't tell me. Please just give me a chance, and I'm pretty sure that things would be okay. :)

Guys, I'm so sure that all came out wrong. Please don't take it that way. If it did rub you the wrong way, I apologize.

2 comments:

  1. Hahaha, so I keep finding all of your blogs, I'm not creepy I swear! I just love reading blogs :)

    I'd just like to say that I'm sad I didn't get a chance to know you better when I lived in Washington! I know there were occasions where I could've done more, but I didn't, and I'm sorry about that. :/
    And also, I think the whole “city clique” thing up in Auburn is kind of weird…when I moved there in ’05 I didn’t really get it either, haha. So I’m all for breaking those barriers! You are awesome. I bet that must’ve been hard to deal with,I definitely don’t envy you. But I’m glad you stuck it out because it makes me smile to see that you and Tyler are still so happy together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) I think it's funny that you stumble on them. I like Blogger, so this one's permanent.
    Like you, I've always thought that the city clique thing is weird, and I'm trying to break that barrier.
    Thanks! :) We're really happy together. He's truly a blessing to me.

    ReplyDelete