Saturday, March 27, 2010

All Things Shall Come to Pass

You know how sometimes things take forever to get where you wish they would be? Yep, that's definitely what happened.
Two years ago, an old boyfriend and I ended our relationship with the promise to remain friends. Obviously that didn't go as planned. For the longest time, he avoided me, and when we would be put into the same area, he'd flat out ignore me. Part of that was my fault, and I completely acknowledge that one. We broke up in like, January or something like that, and I started dating Tyler in May. During the summer, the three of us all worked together at KCDA. Awkward for me? No. For him? Yes. For Tyler Mallory? No. His point of view: I got the girl, and I'm happy. Anyway, from the time we broke up to the time he left on his mission, we exchanged maybe twenty words, and two-thirds of them came from me. About two weeks ago, we started talking again. He's serving his mission in Mexico right now, so we're communicating through email. It's still pretty new, but we're airing everything from the past that's been bottled up for the last two years. It's not like we're at each others' throats; not at all. We're both really sorry about how things went down, and grateful for this chance we have to start a friendship again. I'm not willing to date again, because I'm so happy with Tyler. I've never been happier where I am right now. :) He and I have agreed to sit down and talk about everything when he comes home. I'm definitely not willing to come out and say something like, "I'm so happy with my missionary!" I actually WANT to be friends with this guy. It's just...strange to be talking again, but in a good way. I'm excited to see if we can actually be good friends again, or if we'll just be cordial. I'm also hoping that he and Tyler can meet officially sometime, but that's a long way off.

3 comments:

  1. Hmm... This makes me wonder if there is any hope to patch certain relationships up... At least so that they can be left behind for good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm certain it can be done; however, I found out over time that it has to be wanted by both parties. I was talking to Tyler (boyfriend) about how I was talking to Tyler (not boyfriend) again, and he said something about knowing that would happen again sometime, and needing to support my choice. It was nice knowing that I had him backing me on that choice. Somehow it made things easier. It's also really nice to be talking to Tyler (not boyfriend) again, because we can both say things that we've wanted to say for two year, but haven't been able to.

    ReplyDelete