With Kathryn graduating today, I've been reflecting on my own graduation two years ago. I cannot believe it's been two years already!
June 14, 2008:
With the rest of the graduating class, one of my best friends in the world, Madison DeGidio, and I walked to Pomp and Circumstance to our seats, beginning our commencement into the real world. I don't remember who our classmates were that spoke or what they said. To be honest, the only things I do remember about graduation are that Shannon (our security guard) was one of our speakers. He was everyone's favorite! The choir sang Omni a Sol -- it was Mr. McKee's gift to us because it was his last year as a teacher at Kentwood High School. Mr. Hostetter did the Soulja Boy dance on stage in front of all the families. Yikes? And then we graduated. The best part? Two of them. Throwing our caps into the air, and knowing we were finally done with high school!
Two years later, I'm going to the Showare Center in Kent to watch my little sister start her life in the real world. It feels like so much has changed. I'm going to school to be a medical assistant. I'm waiting for a missionary. Um, hello! Two years ago I would not have thought that I would be waiting for Tyler as he served in the California San Fernando mission. I'm a member of the single's ward -- something I drug my feet about -- and I love it! My life is very different from what I imagined it was going to be, but I couldn't have asked for a better one.
Congratulations, Kathryn Jane Bush! I am so proud of you. <3
1 year ago


No comments:
Post a Comment