Tyler's been in Rosamond since right before Christmas. If you're keeping track, that's six months he's been there. That seems like a long time for a missionary to be in one area!
He LOVES the people there. He's got one couple in particular who he really loves: Tony and Louise. Tony and I recently became friends through facebook, and have been communicating a little bit at a time. For the past few months (maybe two), I've had really strong impressions to write them and thank them for taking care of Tyler and his companion (who also added me on facebook. weird.). I did just that, also expressing my gratitude to them for loving him and giving him a home away from home. I thought they would think I was crazy -- I'm some girl who they don't know writing them a letter. Turns out they loved it. Tony said they haven't received a handwritten letter for a while. I thought I sounded like an idiot when I was writing it. Guess not. Anyway, Tony says that they're nobody special. I disagree wholeheartedly. It takes a lot to join the church and give up habits you've had for years. I personally wouldn't know this, but I've seen people go through it, and can only imagine what it must feel like for them. Not only that, they're taking care of my future.
They must think I'm crazy for wanting to correspond with them -- but it's a feeling I have that I need to do, and I've learned not to ignore feelings like that! Someday I'm going to meet them. I can't wait until that happens!!!
1 year ago


No comments:
Post a Comment