Monday, my parents sat us down to inform us that our dad has cancer. Again.
It felt like deja vu; we've been down this road before. Good news? It's not lymphoma. Bad news? It's leukemia, and thirty percent of the cells in his blood stream are cancer cells. It came on within the last month and a half, so it's classified as AML. He has a series of treatments in the hospital next week, where he'll be staying for about ten days. Roughly a week after that, he'll be tested for the number of blood cells in his system, and how many cancer cells there are. If everything looks as good as it can, he's going to have another stem cell transplant. Yep, I've definitely been here before. He got a blessing from Doug, Bevin, and MacKay on Monday night. I got one, too, from Eric.
What we're supposed to learn from this, I don't know. I just want him to be cancer free again.
1 year ago


Oh my gosh.
ReplyDeleteI'm so sorry.
<3
D: I am praying for you and your family. Sending lots of love your way too.
ReplyDeleteBoy, I remember those days with Grandma and then with Ashlei. We were told three times she was in remission and four times she had cancer. I often wonder, too, "what am I to learn from this?" There's not nessicarily a lesson to be learned. Buck gave a talk a few Sunday's ago and it has changed my perspective on life, as a whole. He said, "We are not physcial beings here to gain spiritual experiences. We are spiritual beings here to gain physical experiences." FAITH is a big, complicated thing when you simply think about, but so, so simple when you're using it! Heavenly Father knows everything...every feeling, every ache, every concern, every doubt. Remember that and go to Him, He'll help!! (But you know that already!) I love you guys and I'm praying for you!!
ReplyDeleteHe'll be okay dear. Everything is done in our Heavenly Father's plan. You may not see why now, but eventually, you will. He never said it would be easy...He only said it would be worth it. We love you and are praying for you all. <3
ReplyDelete